Thursday, May 10, 2012

All the Queen's Horses

On April 27th I had the honor of being a part of sending the Riata Ranch Cowboy Girls off to see the Queen.  Yes, you heard me correctly...the Queen of England.  As I type they are currently representing the United States and the American Cowboy at Queen Elizabeth's 60th Annual Diamond Jubilee Pageant at Windsor Castle.

And let me tell you, we couldn't ask for better representation.  These ladies are insanely talented but more than that, the Riata Ranch International program develops girls into well-mannered, hard-working women of character.  Jennifer Welch-Nicholson is carrying on the legacy of the late founder Mr. Tommy Maier.  It was my privilege to help send them off in style!


I wish I could take credit for this idea but I just helped facilitate it...luckily my mom let me dismantle the TV her uncle had given her in the 70's to create this phenomenal iPad prop that looped Queen Elizabeth's original coronation footage.

I was THRILLED with how these commemorative wine glasses turned out!  Each guest went home with one...Riata's logo on one side, the Diamond Jubilee logo on the other.

With the guest of honor herself, Mrs. Jennifer Welch-Nicholson


We combined the nostalgic with the next generation...each table had a vintage photo & a recent one on top of a red bandana, flanked by an American flag and Union Jack.  Simple yet eye-catching.

Now tell me, can you do this on a galloping horse?!?!

Venue & Catering: Marriott at the Visalia Convention Center

No comments:

Post a Comment